Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (week 1)

Cath just got to college but it isn't what she expected. Her twin, Wren, is ignoring her and Cath just wants to hide in her bed and write fan-fiction about the Simon Snow series. But then Cath meets her roommate's ex-boyfriend and best friend, Levi. He has an appreciation for Cath's fan-fiction, brings her out of her shell, and wins her heart.

I really like this book. Rainbow Rowell (the author) practically had to write two different books to write this one and I respect that. Cath is a great character, but my favorite is Levi. He goes out of his way to make people feel good. Warning: alcohol, sexual thought, romance, cursing, divorce, drugs.

Read it!

TBR;

divergent
egg and spoon
me, earl, and the dying girl

4 comments:

  1. this sounded like a cool book until the warnings. I'll read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that this book was good, but kinda dragged on too long :P. Nice Review Though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't really like Eleanor and Park, so I'm not sure about this book. I love the description of the book though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fyo- it's actually not that inappropriate, but just warnings. Abby- you might like it... but like sarah I also thought it dragged on. Thx fr commenting!

    ReplyDelete