Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Long, Long Sleep By Anna Sheehan and the other stuff...

I don't have a method for picking books, but I always like books with a  great plot. I like books if they are well written, but for me that is not much of a factor in choosing what to read. I also see if the characters are relatable even if in the smallest way. Then after reading the back cover (or inside flap thing) I decide whether to read the book or not. This has not changed over the school year or, quite frankly, last year as well.

My Favorite Book:  Everest By Neal Shusterman! It is almost fantasy and digs into what happens when you die. If you want to read more about it go to my post about it! (just keep scrolling)

BOOK REVIEW:

Rose has been locked into stasis for 62 years when she awakes to a new century, with everyone she ever knew long lost because of the dark ages she knows nothing about. She is fragile and is scared for she is only 16, not including stasis time. Rose is also the soon to be owner of the UniCorp, a huge company that controls everything. But Rose is being hunted down and she doesn't know if she can escape.

This was a great book. It was very creatively written, and the reader really gets to know the characters. My favorite character was Otto. A boy whose genes were altered so know he cannot speak, and has blue skin and yellow eyes. Though he cannot speak, whenever he touches anyone he can look through there thoughts and basically think things to them. read this book!

TBR:

divergent
the coldest girl in cold town
recommendations?

5 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIVERGENT IS SOOOOOOOO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good writing on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I would recommend um, not really sure, pretty sure you have read all the books that I would recommend.

      Delete
  2. I really like your review and I like that you talked about how you pick a book

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds like a really cool book. I'll have to read it after I'm done with the I am Number Four series (thanks for The Rise of Nine).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read everlost, but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete