Tuesday, September 2, 2014

13 Little Blue Envelopes

This book by Maureen Johnson is called 13 Little Blue Envelopes. It is a Literary Fiction book.

Ginny started out as a girl who was very shy and she tried to go unnoticed. This summer she gets 13 little blue envelopes from her runaway Aunt. They give her specific instructions:

The first envelope has instructions to buy a plane ticket and $1,000.
The second tells her to go to curtain London flat.

Soon, Ginny is heading off to Scotland on a journey with the thief/playwright/actor named Keith. They end with disastrous, and a bit romanic results.

I really liked this book. I think there is some suspense, but it's really not a scary book. I like Ginny as a character. This book being told from her perspective, I really think I was able to get to know her. It was a very interesting story and I liked having some questions answered one by one.

This book does have a mature theme of her Aunt's peculiar choices. There is no bad language.

If you read this book, be sure to get the sequel: The Last Little Blue Envelope!

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really great book, thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks For The Recommendation! I like your blog title

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds really good. thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. his book sounds amazing. adding it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this book sounds super good and I am going to add it to my TBR list for sure. ;) I recommend that you read Elanor and Park.

    ReplyDelete