Saturday, September 13, 2014

My Mother The Cheerleader By Robert Sharenow


  This is a book about a girl named Louise. She was sure that nothing new would happen in her life. she would still help her mother with their boarding house, she would still go to school, and she would still help Charlotte. Then desegregation starts at her school. She is pulled out of William Frantz and her mom becomes a cheerleader. The cheerleaders are a group of woman who gather outside of Louise's school to bully Ruby Bridges, a six year old african-american attending William Frantz school. But if that wasn't enough change in her life, one day a Chevy Bel Air pulls up in front of the boarding house and a man named Morgan steps out. He has a very mysterious past and Louse realizes that finally somebody cares about her feelings. Soon, they know the reason Morgan is there and everything about Louise's world changes.

I really liked this book. I think it is a really interesting story and is well written. It is a little bit boring at first, but I feel like there was a really good story in the end. I also think Louise is a very interesting character and it was fun to get to know her.

There is some mature themes and language in this book, most of which racist.

TBR list:
  1. I Am The Messenger
  2. The Adoration Of Jenna Fox (recommended by Lydia)
  3. All The Truth About Me
  4. Elenor and Park (recommend by Grace)

8 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. Thanks for the recommendation :).
    Do you know if it's a true story???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is based on real things, but it is not a true story

      Delete
  2. I love the way you wrote what the story is about, I have wanted to read this book for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Cool! I should try this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would really like to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great book, I'm adding it to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book I have been wanting to read, so thank you for the recommendation! Would you consider this an easy or hard read? How many pages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a very hard read. I think it's around 200 or so pages

      Delete