Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen

For 16 year old runner, Jessica, running is her life. It's her breathing, sleeping, eating, really it's just who she is. But when a tragedy happens and Jessica's leg gets crushed, her dreams go with it. Jessica doesn't want to go on with life, but when she gets up and out of bed she meets a life full of new opportunity. Soon, Jessica begins to know Rosa, a girl with cerebral palsy who is always overlooked. Rosa becomes Jessica's savior in math and brings many new opportunities to her life. Not all to soon Jessica gets hit with the reality: I might be able to run again.

This book was very good. Even though I couldn't relate to what she was going through, the book made me feel like I could. Jessica has many ups and downs during the book and it was a very "fun" story. I recommend this to anyone in our class, but if you get easily grossed out, the book goes into a bit of detail about what is going on with her leg. There are also a few bad words. You should read this book!!! 
Enjoy!! :)


TBR:


  1. The Martian - Gavin
  2. Shooting The Moon - Abby
  3. Eleanor And Park - Haley
  4. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Nate

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I read this book! I loved it too! Everyone read it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds like it has a lot of positive reviews so maybe I'll try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds good, I definitely want to read it.

    ReplyDelete