Monday, November 3, 2014

The Romeo and Juliet Code by Phoebe Stone

Felicity is a 11 year old girl living in Britain during WWII. When her parents bring her to America to stay with her Uncle Gideon, they act as is nothing is weird between the families. Felicity is stuck in this house full of swirling secrets and very queer people. Soon she learns about this Captain Derek who is living behind locked doors. Then, the letters arrive. Felicity learns that the letters are from her parents, but they are also in code. The Romeo and Juliet code. I liked this book, though it really is a love it or hate it kind of book. The story is told from Felicity's perspective, and she has a very interesting way of telling the story. I don't love mystery books, but this one was amazing. It has references to what was happening right on the verge on America joining WWII. Content warning: if you are scared about hearing about WWII then don't read this. Also, this book goes into some detail about Polio. Other than that this book is ok. Enjoy! :)TBR:
  1. Unremembered  
  1. Breathing Underwater - Haley 
  1. The Circle - Gavin
  1. 1984 - Kam's book group 

7 comments:

  1. Interesting I will put it in my notes of books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this might be a good book for me to read. I will check it out, and put it on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mysteries!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to read it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am totally going to read this! it sounds super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds strange but good!

    ReplyDelete