Monday, December 1, 2014

The Martian By Andy Weir

Astronaut Mark Watney was part of a group of people that were the first to walk on Mars. It should be, and was, the best moments of his life until a freak accident. A life-threatening sandstorm created the need for his crew to abort Mars. He got struck by a satellite wire and was blown far away from the crew. They evacuated Mars and Mark was abandoned. Mark has an incredible struggle to survive, relying on his stills in botany, engineering, and his funny personallity.

My favorite character was Mark. He was my favorite because he was the main character of the book and he had a great sense of humor. The character was really well developed and you got attached to him as the book when on. You really got excited and sad about thing in the book. CONTENT WARNING: there is a lot of cussing in the book.



TBR:

If I Stay
Elenor and Park - Grace
A Long Sleep

7 comments:

  1. A LOT OF CUSSING? Wow. I am, stunned.I've always thought that it didn't. Oh well. It sounds like a good book. Great description!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this book and i agree that their is a ton of cussing in thow bookit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read that book. Good description!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED THIS BOOK! 10 OUT OF 10!!!!

    Also I'm really proud cause I was the first person in the class to read this book Kam aside. I'm so happy it spread!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read this book. although the cussing could be a deal breaker

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gavin Rolls I LOVED THIS BOOK TOO, ma friend

    ReplyDelete