Wednesday, November 12, 2014

SOL #2

Staring out the window I see the thick snow falling. The snowflakes are so big that I can almost see their patterns. This reminds me of when I was little, in the backseat, in my little jacket with the fur hood, looking out the window, pretending I was an eskimo. I thought about how this weather must be  just like Alaska. I would want to open up the window and stick out my tongue. Fo-fur would just top my eyelashes. My jacket was brown and I stuck my hands into the furry pockets wishing I was in a dog sled. Thinking that maybe I would wake up and be in a dog-pulled sled.


Everyday, every winter I was an eskimo. I rarely had the same name. Once I got to school I never told my friends that I was an eskimo. It was my winter secret. 

6 comments:

  1. Aww! How cute. People know now though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the picture. It's the most important part of the slice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your description of the eskimo jacket (the picture is very helpful as well).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the ending, and the picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your picture adds a lot to the slice. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I can totally picture little Sofie pretending to be an Eskimo girl, wrapped in furs and waiting for her dogs to pull her home on the sled :)

    ReplyDelete