Friday, November 14, 2014

SOL #3 Drowning

I hobble down back to the school and I soon see a golden light slip over my shoes. I turn my face up to the light and see the sun slide over the berm. The golden light slides up over my ankles and to my knees. The light snakes around me and I see my shadow grow. Shifting my feet I feel a clump of snow deep in the soul of my shoe. The light is waist deep now, I am starting to drown. I start to slip and slide down the rocks. More snow sinks into my shoe. The light is to my neck and I am full-on drowning. My shadow flicks around my bundled up body. I am drowning deep in the light. The fresh snow is only slightly disturbed by our footprints. I am warmed by the bright sun on my face. I continue to walk, slipping and yelping down the rocks. My foot sinks deep into a snow patch and my foot is soaked. Just like the rest of my body, my foot is drowned. But instead of sunlight, my foot is drowned in snow. A few clouds quickly fly to cover the sun. My body is drowned in a new substance: The cold. I smile where the sun was and head inside.


9 comments:

  1. I hate it when I get my foot covered in snow. But nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this! Such vivid imagery, drowning in light and then cold. It totally makes sense to me and makes me feel present in that moment with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great unique ways to describe the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your descriptions are really amazing, I can totally relate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine every word. Your description is awesome, especially you drowning in the sunlight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really thought you used a few words to described an awesome scene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay that was super cool! I loved how you used the word drowning multiple times and it meant something different each time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I remember this moment and know how you felt. I love the idea of drowning in sunlight. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful description of "drowning" in sunlight followed by the cloud cover. So vividly described I could feel every moment.

    ReplyDelete