Sunday, November 23, 2014

SOL # 3 (I know.... there was a three, but really it was 2, again...)

 I walked in the huge double doors and was swallowed by people. All ages, colors, sizes. Different, hair, heights, clothes. I stuck close to the one familiar jacket I knew. People behind tables were holding out objects of all sizes, shapes, and color. One person shoved a small, oval green object that I quickly stuck into my pocket. The red carpet was getting slowly squished under the many pairs of shoes walking over it. I see the familiar jacket head in to a dark door labeled: door 1. I follow the jacket in and a, walking down a steep matching carpet of red, at least a hundred seat greeting me. I am ushered in between the seats quickly following the beam of light leading to a seat next to the familiar jacket. "Are You Ready Denver?" called a voice belonging to a man on a tall stage in front of everyone. "Are You Ready For Warren Miller's Never Turning Back?" The lights clicked of and the lot of us cheered. The ski and board season was about to start. 

1 comment:

  1. I have never snowboarded, and I have only skied once. This sounds pretty cool though.

    ReplyDelete