Sunday, November 9, 2014

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

Summary:

The Sinclairs are a family where no one is needy, and no one is wrong, or so they think. They also think that every summer that they spent on their private island will be perfect. One group of friends- the lairs: Candace (the main character), Mirren, Johnny, and Gat - get together each summer and have the best time. Then the accident happens to in summer 15. The next summer Candace does not return to the island, instead she goes to Europe with her Dad and a devastating head injury. Summer 17: nothing will ever be the same. Are the Sinclairs who they think they are?

Review:

I loved this book. I think the descriptions are fantastic and the story really comes alive. It is told by Candace, through summer 15, Europe, and her struggles to remember the accident. This book has a very surprise ending that fits together once Candace remembers. I had tears in my eyes finishing this book. Content Warning: a heavy amount of bad words, romance, drug addition. 

Favorite character:

My favorite character was Candace. I felt like I could relate to her, though I had never gone through anything like this before. The story really has this element that it wouldn't have had if Candace didn't tell the story. You get to hear her struggles with the head injury and pain medicine addition. She goes through life changing experiences, that you get to hear about through her thoughts as well as the dialog. 


TBR:
  1. The Lord Of The Flies 
  2. Unremembered
  3. A Long Sleep

7 comments:

  1. That's very cool Sophie. I might consider this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really excited to read that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is on my list to read, I like your description, it made me really be able to visualize the book

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sound like a really cool book! I agree with everyone who commented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really cool. Maybe I'll read it sometimes because I've heard about it form a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a pretty good book. maybe I should read it soon. hmm...

    ReplyDelete