Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Free Verse Poem

Poem 1: Max and Kam's class

I can hear people learning
I can hear collaborative 
voices
talking with each other.
Wondering
Answering 
Questioning
I can hear people learning,
pencils scratching
feet stomping
heads wondering.
I can hear people learning.


Poem 2: The Lobby

I keep drifting off
flashing back.
Back to me,
a four year old.
Hand in hand 
with my parents.
Walking in,
looking.
Seeing stairs leading
up to the unknown.
Seeing two hallways. 
Seeing the art room
I desperately wanted 
to explore.
Being lead 
down
the blue hallway 
to one of the 
best days of my life.
Back to me,
six years old.
Walking in with my parents
To a new hallway
that was hidden 
behind the stairs.
Back to the day
that I was terrified. 
Going upstairs for the
very
first
time.
I looked down the hallways,
to the front desk 
for a helpful smile
that I then received.
I embarked up the stairs,
no longer going back.
I am going forward. 


Poem 3: Library

I feel a piece of hard wood
right below my shoulder blades
directly on my spine.
My feet and head lean 
against a rainbow 
of book spines.
I sit on rough carpet 
the color people call grape.
I don't know why.
No grapes are the color
grape.
Above me,  the ceiling.
A house to
two lights.
I hid here. 
When I was small,
I liked the way the 
books made me feel.
They made me feel calm, safe.
I hid from all my worries.
I hid from the stress and newness
of the upstairs.
I was hidden between the
book shelves.
Maybe I just wanted to be read. 








2 comments:

  1. Wow… This is really good!! My favorite wast he last one about the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was cool, all three of them were awesome! I totally agree with the last line, 'Maybe I just wanted to be read'

    ReplyDelete