Thursday, April 23, 2015

Poetry On Thursday

Poem one:

Coming in,
Breathing out,
Wondering. 
Darkness floods
through 
and around every 
corner.
Along
with the dark,
haziness, comes 
a memory.
Or two, 
a few.
Glimpses of
my past.
Staring out 
a window,
I am wondering.
As I walk away,
my memories go,
wandering,
 drifting,
then they
just slip
out 
the window.


Poem two:

A strip of purple.
Titled: The Logan School 
On top of windows,
Above doors.
In front of the 
building 
that is
forever 
etched
in
memory.
A tree,
splintering 
up, against
the 
hard,
grey 
sky.
Sounds Scary,
It is.
It is scary 
because
I have spent 
my whole life
with this
building.
And yet,
some hallways are
unfamiliar.
Only because
it has been 
years
since I walked through 
them.
Sitting on the grass,
looking back.
To that one
single
strip of 
purple.
Purple the color of
one single drop 
of grape.
How can 
a strip
of purple
know me?
How has it been 
able
to see me
grow?
From the first day,
until...
now, here
sitting,
looking back
to a strip of 
purple metal.

4 comments:

  1. This is great Sofie! I like poem two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them both, and especially your description of the bent piece of purple metal. Nice job Sofie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like poem two, it really explains the meaning of the word logan. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your word choice, and how you tie each poem together at the end. I love that last line of your first poem!

    ReplyDelete