Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Ode To Coco (My Dog)

Fluffy in the winter
Soft in the summer

Fast, running, jumping
A faint blur of black and white

Zipping By
Can you see her?

Going by so fast 
So determined to catch 

Catch just one
Squirrel or maybe a bird

Jingling with the tags in her collar
Pulling hard on the leash

She wants to run
and run and run

But I won't let her 
Won't let my little furr-ball run away

Zipping by on the fly
But then getting so sleepy

Lying in a itty-bitty ball
By the fireplace

She is all mine
My little puppy 




4 comments:

  1. I like this one, about your dog, mine is like that to! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially liked how you described your dog "zipping by," it gave a good visual of your dog's movement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how each stanza could be it's on poem. I also liked how you formatted the ode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sweet poem about a very sweet puppy! I love the images of her running but you trying to keep her from running away.

    ReplyDelete