Friday, March 27, 2015

SOL 27

Most depressing song lyrics EVER:

If I Die Young:

If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in a river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song

Uh oh, uh oh

Lord make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother
She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colors, oh,
And life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no
Ain't even grey, but she buries her baby

The sharp knife of a short life, oh well
I've had just enough time

Pompeii:

I was left to my own devices
Many days fell away with nothing to show.

And the walls kept tumbling down
In the city that we love
Great clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above
But if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?

Firework:

Do you ever feel like a plastic bag
Drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?
Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin
Like a house of cards, one blow from caving in?

Do you ever feel already buried deep six feet under?
Screams but no one seems to hear a thing
Do you know that there's still a chance for you
'Cause there's a spark in you?

But why... do people always write about the sad things and not the happy ones?
I guess there are some songs that are happy...

Shake It Off:

Can't stop, won't stop moving
It's like I got this music
In my mind, saying it's gonna be alright
Cause the players gonna play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate
Baby I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake
Shake it off
Heartbreakers gonna break, break, break
And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake
Baby I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake
Shake it off, Shake it off

Happy:

Here come bad news talking this and that, yeah,
Well, give me all you got, and don't hold it back, yeah,
Well, I should probably warn you I'll be just fine, yeah,
No offense to you, don't waste your time
Here's why
Because I'm happy

Shut Up and Dance:

She took my arm,
I don't know how it happened.
We took the floor and she said,

"Oh, don't you dare look back
Just keep your eyes on me."
I said, "You're holding back,"
She said, "Shut up and dance with me!"
This woman is my destiny
She said, "Oh, oh, oh,
Shut up and dance with me."

(that last one was for Kam :D)


4 comments:

  1. yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayaya. yay songs

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I like this post. I think I might copy you for tomorrow... If that's ok

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for songs! An interesting topic for a slice indeed.

    ReplyDelete