Thursday, March 5, 2015

SOL Mar. 5

Going In:

Big metal room. So big, so many people. My Mom, my Dad, in chairs looking at me. Me, on a rolling stretcher, waiting, inhaling the laughing gas. The surgeon telling corny jokes, trying to calm my parents and I down. So much metal. Steel piping everywhere. This is where I went in. To have surgery.

Coming out:

I wake up. In a room, on a bed, with an IV hooked up to my arm. My Mom, My Dad, in chairs looking at me. My Mom crying. Tan, cream walls. A curtain. The nurse walks in.

Recovering:

Ice cream, so much ice cream. In bed for so, so long. It felt like the best day of my life when I could go outside.

This is when I got my tonsils taken out.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how poetic this sounds! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an Awsome slice!(also i could not help but "feed" the fish for a while... ok a long time) Thy are SOO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that you really showed how you experienced getting your tonsils removed form your perspective and from your parents'. I've been on both sides and I think I'd almost rather be the patient...at least you're asleep and miss most of it.

    ReplyDelete