Monday, March 2, 2015

SOL March 2


The big blue creature reaches for me, takes me deeper, ever so deeper into my mess. It forces me to
use tissues until my nose is red and rough. It knocks me down and I stay down, just waiting for it to
be over. The big blue creature has me use medicine every four hours. It pushes me down deeper into the covers on my bed. It forces me to sneeze over and over.  The big blue creature is huge, to huge to be real, but he is. It storms after me in every room I go in. I try to get small, but that only makes him bigger. But the big blue creature is being fought by my blood cells. Suddenly the big blue creature shrinks down, down, down back into my body. My mom comes in and asks "How's your cold?"



5 comments:

  1. I like how you described being sick as a "big blue creature."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of really cool descriptions in this slice. I especially like how you kept what it actually was ambiguous until the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! I love how you described it in a way that I could tell what you were talking about with out you just saying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really confused at the beginning but soon after it all cleared up. I love how you made the cold into a Big Blue Monster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! I just had a cold when I missed those days, I know how you feel, and most medicine tastes horrible!

    ReplyDelete