Tuesday, March 3, 2015

SOL March 4 Fired Eggs (not fried)

I pour some oil into the frying pan and it immediately starts to sizzle.

Sizzle Sizzle Craaaaaack 

The oil starts bubbling and boiling.

Pop! Pop! Pop!

I quickly crack two eggs into the pan. I watch as the whites and yolks separate and start to fry. The edges of the fried eggs begin to turn brown. The oil sizzles and I lift the pan to shift the oil around.
Then I put the lid onto the pan and weight for my eggs to be done. I decide to play on my iPad Mini while I wait for my eggs. I start to play Crossy Road. Tap, tap, tap, tap, swipe, swipe, tap, pause, tap, tap. I just play the game for a few rounds, then I go upstairs to talk to my mom for a few minutes. I  think I was only gone for the few minutes when the egg would cook. But instead the oil is boiling heavily. I take off the lid and are covered with hot oil. Ouch!

The oil is burning, burning like hot fire.

Sizzle Sizzle Sizzle.

My eggs have not been fried, they have been fired. Hot fiery eggs.







12 comments:

  1. Yum! Hot eggs! Honestly, never play a game while cooking, it could indulge you! Nice SOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible! I liked how you described the eggs. Also you even added details, I could imagine what was going on!!! Nice, you used some literally techniques, it attracts my attention. Beautifully done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really good... now it makes me want to eat eggs! Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE ONOMATOPOEIA! YOU HAVE NO IDEA! I can tell you love to write just by reading this piece (I can also tell you love eggs and crossy road... don't worry I do too ;) ) I love it when authors use onomatopoeia it makes me feel like I'm actually there...
    Can't wait to read more of your pieces Sofie!

    - Caitlin O'Brien, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Love your background BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really funny. I always burn food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice slice Sophie! I love your use of onomatopoeia here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heh. I've had more than one cooking disaster in my life. Fun slice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huh. I wonder if they were good. This is a really nice slice, I like the pacing of it. I'm sorry about your eggs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder what they tasted like. I like the sound effects you added, it made the slice more immersive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds scary. Once Something I was making caught fire. I like that you called it fired eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great slice, sounds a little weird though. Oh I love Crossy Roads too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmm.... Delicious. I did that with candy once

    ReplyDelete